- Kestrels hunting behaviors are to hover over open country and swoop down on their victims, usually small prey such as lizards,large insects and small rodent.
- The female is larger then the male.
- Kestrels do not build there own nest, but use nests made from other species!
- These birds have adapted to live in city's.
- Click HERE to see what a kestrels call sounds like.
- Country kestrels feed on rodents mainly voles, as for city kestrels, sparrows.
- Vole numbers affect kestrel numbers!!!
- Kestrels have been seen to rob sparrow hawks and barn owls.
- The kestrel is one of the most smallest and common bird of prey
Sunday, 19 July 2015
Facts About Kestrels
Here is why I decided to do a blog post about kestrels. We got to a nature reserve around 2:00 pm, the first thing we saw were 2 kestrels flying around looking for food and that is when I had the idea to make a blog about them. Hope you enjoy it