1. Javelin sand boa (Eryx jaculus) - Non venomous specie
2. Smooth snake (Coronella austriaca) - Non venomous specie
3. Caspian whip snake( Dolichophis caspius) - Non venomous specie but looks similar to the Montpellier snake that is very venomous and it also lives in Bulgaria
4. Four lined snake (Elaphe quatuorlineata) - Non venomous specie personally one of my favourite snakes in Bulgaria, but I still haven't seen one.
5. Blotched snake (Elaphe sauromates) - Non venomous specie, haven't seen one yet.
6. Montpellier snake ( Malpolon monspessulanus) - Venomous snake, but it is very rare here in Bulgaria
7. Grass snake (Natrix natrix) - Non venomous species very common here in Bulgaria. They spend most of the time in or around water where they can eat frogs
8. Dice snake ( Natrix tessellata) - Non venomous species seen it twice click here for more info on this snake
9. Red whip snake ( Platyceps collaris)- Non venomous species looks allot like the Dahl's whip snake which also lives in bulgaria, also non venomous
10. Dahl's whip snake ( Platyceps najadum) - Non venomous species see if you can spot the difference to the red whip snake!
11. European cat snake (Telescopus fallax) - This is a highly venomous snake, but very pretty. I've never seen one but really want to :)
12. Aesculapian snake (Zamenis longissimus)- Non venomous very, very common. I've seen lots this year they have bitten a few times as well. They can grow up to 2 m long!!! The baby snakes look a alike to the grass snake, Natrix natrix
13. European rat snake (Zamenis situla) - Non venomous species lives near the black sea!
14. Worm snake (Typhlops vermicularis) - Non venomous species, it is blind I really want to see one they look like worm DUUUUUUUUUUU.
15. Horned nosed viper (Vipera ammodytes)- The most venomous snake in Europe and I have seen it twice!! it is definitely my favourite snake in Bulgaria, apparently the horn on its head is soft and flexible!!!
16. Adder (Vipera berus) - Venomous snake only seen it once or twice they are very amazing snakes.