Monday, 13 March 2017
Ten Interesting Facts On Giraffes
10. The Giraffe is the tallest animal in the world, with even new-born babies being taller than most humans!
9. Giraffes spend most of their time standing up, they actually sleep and give birth standing up!
8. A group of Giraffes are called a Tower!
7. No one has ever seen a Giraffe swimming!
6. Giraffes only need 10 to 30 minutes of sleep a day.
5. 50% of Giraffe calves do not live, as leopards, hyenas and wild dogs eat them!
4. Giraffes tongues grow up to 53 cm long!
3. Giraffes make no sound, not because they can't, but because they don't want to.
2. Giraffes only need to drink water once every couple of days, they got most of their water from their plant based diet!
1. Giraffes have hair covered horns, which the males use for fighting!